In order to try out the Egendata service, the first thing you need is the app. It is available for iOS and Android:
Install the app and register
The name is not actually used and will be soon be removed but feel free to enter any name and then click
Choose your PDS
All your data will be stored in a PDS of your choosing. During the development phase we offer just one proper choice – Dropbox*.
Since the Dropbox route requires a few steps, we also added a Developer option of In memory storage. This means that when the service is restarted, all data will be lost. Thus this is only for testing the workflow.
Use the CV example site
Go to https://cv-test.dev.services.jtech.se/ and click
Login with Egendata
Click the QR code icon in the Egendata App and scan the code.
If this is your first visit, the app will prompt you for permission to read and write information.
For the purposes of testing the service, it is strongly suggested you approve (
You should now get automagically logged in the CV example site.
Suggested activities are:
- Edit some information on the example site. Log out. Log in again. Marvel as the information is still present.
- Log in from another computer (hint it works from there too).
- Open your Dropbox (assuming you chose this as your PDS), look in
Appsand browse through the
MyData-PDS-devfolder to see how the data is stored.
* There are two reasons for this:
- The architecture of Egendata ensures that your data is safe because of encryption. It may be stored anywhere without restrictions (Hello Cloud Act!).
- Dropbox let's you view how the data is stored.
As we near production, we will implement more adequate storage options in terms of speed and uptime guarantees.